The RFSoC 4x2 board is a high-performance computing system optimized for sampling signals at up to 5 GSPS and generating signals at up to 9.85 GSPS. Based on AMD’s ZYNQ Ultrascale+ Gen3 RFSoC device, the board offers four high-speed ADC ports, two high-speed DAC ports, 8GBytes of 2400MHz DDR4 memory, and a 100G Ethernet QSFP28 port for high-speed data off-load. The AMD ZYNQ UltraScale+ device includes a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, a dual-core ARM Cortex R5F, monolithic direct RF-sampling ADCs and DACs, and several other high-performance cores to assist with acquiring and processing high speed data. The RFSoC board works with all AMD Vitis/Vivado tools and the PYNQ open-source framework.
The PYNQ framework is an open-source environment that makes it easier to use AMD adaptive platforms. PYNQ is based on Jupyter and provides a Python-based interface to load hardware overlays and control the programmable logic, without the need for ASIC-style, hardware-centric design tools. The RFSoC 4x2 board includes a PYNQ configuration that allows the RFSoC board’s resources to be accessed and controlled through prebuilt interfaces running on an attached PC. The PYNQ framework includes several tools for waveform visualization and analysis, and provides reference designs that can serve as a launch point for fully custom designs.
The RFSoC 4x2 board makes an ideal platform for a highly configurable Software Defined Radio (SDR) system. Together, the RFSoC board’s high-performance hardware and the PYNQ framework bring a whole new level of visualization and analysis tools to RF design environments.
Purchasing: The RFSoC 4x2 is currently available to academic/research institutions; it will be available for general commercial sales in the near future. To purchase the board at the academic price, you must be enrolled in the University Program, and you must complete a form describing your RF teaching or research project. If your academic purchase is approved, AMD will send a redemption code to your registered email.
Commercial Contact Us
- Xilinx Gen 3 Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZU48DR
- Quad core ARM Cortex-A53, Dual core ARM Cortex–R5F
- Programmable Logic with 930K logic cells, 4272 DSP slices, 38Mb block RAM
- 4x 5GSPS RF ADCs SMA ports
- 2x 9.85GSP RF DACs SMA ports
- External clock and sync ports
- 4 GB 64-bit 2400MHz Processing System memory
- 4 GB 64-bit 2400MHz Programmable Logic memory
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- 100G Ethernet MAC/PCS w/RS-FEC (QSFP28)
- 2 USB3 host ports and USB3 slave port
- USB2 port for JTAG, UART and COM
- Mini DisplayPort
- Multiple high-accuracy and programmable clock sources
- Active power monitoring (current and voltage) for all supplies
- Battery-backed real time clock
- OLED display, 4 LEDs, 2 RGB LEDs
- 4 slide switches, 6 pushbuttons
- Standard SYZYGY port, Pmod+ port (two Pmods)
- RFSoC board
- 120W power supply
- 2 SMA cables
- 16GB MicroSD card preloaded with PYNQ image
- USB cable